2. 'I think I'm gonna be sad, I think it's the day. The girl that's driving me mad, is going away'
3. 'I've been first and last, look at how the time goes past, but I'm all alone at last, rolling home to you.'
4. 'All of my life, I call yesterday, the spicks and the specks of my life've gone away'
5. 'I've got so much more to think about: deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out'
6. 'But there never seems to be enough time, to do the things you want to do, once you find them'
7. 'I read the news today, oh boy...'
8. 'In Europe and America, there's a growing feeling of hysteria'
9. '"Fools," said I, "you do not know, silence like a cancer grows"'
10. 'In a New York minute, everything can change'
11. 'Don't criticize what you can't understand ... Your old road is rapidly aging'
12. 'When they've tortured and scared you for twenty odd years, then they expect you to pick a career, when you can't really function you're so full of fear'
13. 'Summertime, and the living is easy'
14. 'Sun comes down with a burning glow, mingles my sweat with the earth below'
15. 'Aah, look at all the lonely people'
16. 'Oh how I wish, how I wish you were here. We're just two lonely souls swimming in a fish bowl'
17. 'A smile relieves a heart that grieves, remember what I said: I'm not waiting on a lady, I'm just waiting on a friend'
18. 'And as I still walk on, I think of the things we've done. Together, a-while our hearts were young'
19. 'Stuck inside these four walls, sent inside forever. Never seeing no one, nice again, like you, mama'
20. 'I have my books, and my poetry to protect me. I am shielded in my armor, safe within my room'
21. 'Well, this is my life of sadness, this is the life I live. This is my life of gladness, this is the life I live'
22. 'I've seen all good people, turning their heads each day'
23. 'Oh, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now'
24. 'I am just a dreamer, and you are just a dream'
En als klap op de vuurpijl één van de mooiste zinnen uit de wereldliteratuur:
25. 'Het is alles triest,' dacht hij, 'heel triest.'
Bedankt voor uw aandacht; een mooie jaarwisseling en een gelukkig 2008!